Thursday, April 23, 2009

Corporate America's Commitment to Green

Corporate America is always on the lookout for a good marketing gimmick. Americans' growing concern about global warming has been embraced by marketing gurus, as this post from one of the blogs I follow illustrates.

Bad Mom, Good Mom: Greenwashing and Astroturfing

To see the pitch for your self, go to Reynolds' press kit.

2 comments:

badmomgoodmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
badmomgoodmom said...

Thanks for the link.

As one of the hits when PR agencies type in "mommy bloggers" + LA in search engines, I get pitched some doozies.

One of these days, I gotta explain how GM tried to position Chevy as their 'green' brand using mommy bloggers and celebrity tie-ins. It would have been funny, if it weren't so pathetic and insulting. I can only surmise they didn't read enough of my blog to learn my academic background.

AI: Missing the Point?

Jon Phillips  September 2, 2026  If you looked at what AI’s were doing a handful of years back, it was largely specialized deep learning mac...