Wednesday, September 16, 2009

'Doc' Hastings Hears No Evil

The House of Representatives passed a resolution disapproving of the conduct of South Carolina Republican Rep. Joe Wilson for shouting out "you lie!" at President Obama in the middle of his address to a joint session of Congress last week. The resolution simply stated that, "The conduct of the Representative from South Carolina was a breach of decorum and degraded the proceedings of the joint session, to the discredit of the House… the House of Representatives disapproves of the behavior of the Representative from South Carolina."

The resolution didn't say that Joe Wilson was a racist, or a Jerk, or an idiot. It just said he breached decorum -- he was uncivil and rude. And he was. But my congressional representative, Richard 'Doc' Hastings didn't agree. He voted against the resolution. One has to assume that 'Doc' thinks it's okay to publicly call the President of the United States a liar during the middle of his speech.

Gee, I wonder how 'Doc' would feel if someone called him a liar while he was telling the Tri-City Regional Chamber of Commerce that President Obama's health care proposals would euthanize old people. I mean, the least one could do was wait until 'Doc' finished his talk before challenging the veracity of his statement. I'd certainly wait for him to finish before I called him a liar.

No comments:

A Darker Past

  Broadway & 6th, Los Angeles, 1956 Part I. GROWING UP IN LOS ANGELES I was born in Los Angeles in 1938. My dad, and mom, and brother an...