- Light-colored or freckled skin
- Blue, green, or grey eyes
- Blond or red hair
- Many moles
- Close relatives who have or had skin cancer
- Many severe sunburns early in life
- Long-term daily sun exposure ( such as building in the building trades receive)
That's me in the photo below.
|If you look carefully, you can just make out the small|
circular spot on my forehead above the right eye. The
picture was taken 6 weeks before surgery.
|I had Moh's surgery on July 25, 2012. Eleven stitches were required to close.|
|Blood draining from the wound 2 days later pooling in eyelids.|
Why didn't I use sun block? Just stupid, I guess.
|Blood pooling in eye lids worse 48 hours after surgery.|
Taking 500 mg Tylenol every 6 hours for pain.
|Wound 72 hours after surgery. Blood still showing in lids and under eyes.|
Pain has abated to the point I no longer require medication.
|Scar, stitches removed, 14 days after surgery.|